Make sure to add the <script> tags within the <head> or <body> sections of your HTML document.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Open a new file in your text editor.
2. Save the file with a .js extension (for example, “script.js”).
- You can start with simple code, such as an alert message, to test that the file is working.
- Make sure your code is syntactically correct and follows best practices.
4. Save the changes to the file.
1. Create a new <script> tag within the <head> or <body> section of your HTML document.
3. Close the <script> tag.
Here’s an example:
Best Practices and Common Mistakes
1. Place <script> tags at the bottom of the HTML document, just before the closing </body> tag. This allows the rest of the page to load first, which can speed up the loading time.
Common mistakes to avoid include:
1. Forgetting to close the <script> tag, which can cause errors in your code.
FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions)